30 Day Challenge
1. What is a 30 Day Challenge?
A 30 Day Challenge is an event hosted by Moksha Yoga studios. Participants in a 30 Day Challenge dedicate themselves to practice yoga every day for 30 consecutive days.
2. Why participate in a 30 Day Challenge?
There are many reasons to participate in the 30 Day Challenge!
The 30 Day Challenge provides participants with the support and motivation of community. As a group, participants are united and driven by their common goal.
The studio provides an orientation, tips, and workshops to assist you. Teachers and staff are available to address concerns, advice, or simply listen.
Yoga has many benefits – physiological, mental and emotional. By committing to a daily practice, those benefits unfold at a more rapid rate.
3. What are the benefits of a regular yoga practice?
Yoga involves stretching, strengthening, and elongating the spine for proper alignment of the vertebrae. The breathing techniques and relaxation lower blood pressure, increase cardio-vascular health, increase lung capacity, release tension and stress, and teach us to relax and enjoy life.
Other benefits of yoga include:
• Cardiovascular efficiency increases
• Respiratory efficiency increases
• Gastrointestinal function normalizes
• Endocrine function normalizes
• Musculoskeletal flexibility and joint range of motion increase
• Posture improves
• Strength and resiliency increase
• Endurance increases
• Energy level increases
• Sleep improves
• Immunity increases
• Balance improves
• Awareness increases
• Mood improves and subjective well-being increases
• Self-acceptance and self-actualization increase
• Concentration improves
4. Is it healthy to practice hot yoga daily?
Traditionally, yoga was meant as a daily practice. In taking on a daily practice safely, there are some key things to take note of:
Listen to your body. Respond to your body’s signals. If you increase body awareness, and your ability to listen to that awareness, the 30 days will be a great success!
Ask teachers about adjustments for specific needs (injuries, using props, etc).
Take savasana before and after class for at least 5 minutes.
Replenish your electrolytes.
Get lots of sleep.
Have fun! Let go of judgment or evaluation, and invite a sense of levity to your challenge.
5. I will be away during the 30 Day Challenge. What happens if I miss a class?
You have a number of options in the event that you miss a class. You may double-up another day to make up for missed classes. You can practice at another studio. Or, being a personal challenge, you can accept the missed class and continue on.
6. Can participation in a class at another studio be counted towards the challenge?
The majority of the classes must be done at the moksha studio that you signed up at. However, classes done at other studios will count towards the challenge.
7. Can I do any class?
You may participate in any class on the schedule.
8. How should I prepare for the challenge?
It is best to set an intention for your challenge. Why are you doing it? What is it that you want to come of the challenge?
Plan what classes fit into your regular schedule. Identify possible obstacles, and pre-plan your strategy for overcoming these obstacles.
Tell your close friends and family about your challenge. Get them on board to offer support and motivation.
9. How do I sign up for the challenge?
To sign up for the challenge you would need to come to our front desk. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.